Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the ages for junior and senior camp?
A. Campers ages 4-6 are typically a part of the junior camp, and those 7-11 are typically a part of the senior camp. There is flexibility with those ages 6-7.
Q. How much are junior and senior camp together during the day?
A. Junior and senior camp are together for approximately 60-70% of the day. We keep them together whenever possible. Often times they will do the same activity, but they participate at their own pace.
Q. Can I request my child(ren) be in the same group with a specific friend?
A. Yes, and we will happily accommodate it so long as the age difference isn’t too great. E.g. We cannot put a 4 year old with an 11 year old.
Q. What does my child need to bring to KidQuest Camp?
A. In order to help your child have a fun and safe day please ensure that your child brings the following in their backpack each day:
- Lunch (if a lunch has not been ordered with your registration )
- Spray sunscreen
- Refillable water bottle (pre-filled with water!)
Please send your child in running shoes every day, not in sandals or other open-toed shoes. Since the program is quite active and many things happen outside, this will help to prevent stubbed toes and blisters.
WEDNESDAY is Trip Day (except for July 3 and August 7), so camp T-shirt, swimsuit, towel, and packed lunch/snacks are required (in addition to regular daily items).
FRIDAY is Water Day, so swimsuit +/- water top, towel and extra change of clothes are required (in addition to regular daily items). Flip flops may be brought in their back packs.
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING THAT YOUR CHILD BRINGS WITH BOTH FIRST AND LAST INITIAL.
Q. What are the regular hours for KidQuest Camp?
A. Camp runs from 9am – 3:30pm. Drop off and sign in your child(ren) between 8:45-9am unless morning extended care has been selected. Pick up and sign out your child(ren) between 3:30 – 3:45pm unless afternoon extended care has been selected.
Please note that on WEDNESDAY Trip Days (all but July 3 and August 7), all children must be signed in by 9am so that they do not miss the bus.
Q. What are the extended care hours for KidQuest Camp?
A. Extended care is an additional charge and must be selected and paid for ahead of time.
- Before care is from 7:30am – 9am.
- After care is from 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
Q. How can I pay for KidQuest Camp?
A. Please note that ALL payments for each week are due by 9am the Monday before that week starts. **This is a change from previous years**.
- Week 1 fees due by 9am on Monday, June 24
- Week 2 fees due by 9am on Monday, July 1
- Week 3 fees due by 9am on Monday, July 8
- Week 4 fees due by 9am on Monday, July 15
- Week 5 fees due by 9am on Monday, July 22
- Week 6 fees due by 9am on Monday, July 29
- Week 7 fees due by 9am on Monday, August 5
- Week 8 fees due by 9am on Monday, August 12
If payment is not received by that time, your deposit will be forfeited and your child’s spot will be given to someone on our waitlist.
Payments may be made in one of the following ways:
- By E-Transfer to email@example.com. In order for us to properly process your transfer, please provide your child’s first and last name in the MESSAGE. If you bank with Tangerine or ScotiaBank, please use kqc2019 or email us your security answer (not required for other banks).
- By cash, cheque or debit in person between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday at:
Winona Gospel Church, 218
Glover Road, Stoney Creek ON, L8E 5H6.
In order for us to properly process your cheque, please make it payable to Winona Gospel Church. Print KidQuest Camp and your child’s first and last name in the MEMO.
- By cheque in the mail (see notes above). This is NOT a recommended payment method, as we are not responsible for delayed mail delivery. We highly recommend that you pay in one of the other ways, especially if your payment is due in less than 2 weeks.